Saturday, February 5, 2011

America World Adoption

Snow in Texas.

Rain in Maryland.

What? Where's my compass? 

Weather has a funny way of mimicking my life. What makes sense to the logical brain doesn't quite pan out as one would predict. Our brains don't foresee the bigger cosmos that makes sense to the Creator. I'm learning this daily on my journey…

Last night, I went to celebrate a family birthday with Mal and her husband, Ryan. Sometimes it can be awkward when you step into an intimate circle but I love watching families interact. It's fascinating to see different personalities bouncing off each other. Each family is distinct, however similar they may be to one another. Through the years I've been blessed by many families who have warmly welcomed me into their homes and it's my hope and prayer that one day too, I'll be able to do the same to growing individuals. 

I became aware of a job opening this week that made me remember the depth of passion God has given me for orphans. It's a shame that once I return from trips where I'm daily confronted with parentless children, I get distracted by other things. Whether or not this job is somewhere God is calling me, I'm so thankful that He reminded me of this passion "to look after orphans and widows in their distress" (James 1:27). 

If you've ever even had a thought of adoption I'd urge you to check it out. This specific organization is called America World Adoption Association and I'm blown away by their desire to see families created under God's direction. If money is what keeps you, there are numerous ways to get funding. Apparently there is a tax credit too for up to 13k so please don't let money rob you from experiencing one of the best pictures of our adoption into God's family. America World Adoption

Tomorrow holds an exciting day for me so I'll be ready to share it with you!

Bon Voyage! 
( I mean this not as "have a good trip", but rather as the literal translation "good journey!")

No comments:

Post a Comment