Oh!
The places you'll go!
I was thinking about Dr. Suess' book today and how fitting it is for my life right now..
Dr. Suess wasn't a household item growing up so I read this book later in life, like, really later in life and I've enjoyed the parallels to my life. So fitting.
One such place was DC which came last Sunday with much enjoyment. I went to a church in the District through a mutual friend and it was so warm and welcoming. I'm so awkward half the time that I stick out like a sore thumb, which is beneficial in this scenario since people spotted me out immediately and introduced themselves. It felt so strange to be in a role reversal since I used to welcome people at NorthRock (my church back home). It reminded me how very important it is though…
Afterwards, I went on a little adventure around downtown. Immensely enjoyed the row homes on Capitol Hill and then meandered to the Capitol Building. That's when I pulled out the camera and realized the battery was dead so that was unfortunate but I know I'll be back so I'll get some pictures eventually!
Then I had a bright idea to walk to the Washington Monument and be back to the car by 4..when it was around 2. It would've been ideal if I hadn't stopped by the National Gallery of Art and taken a tour for an hour…I thoroughly enjoyed the tour but then I had to book it to the Washington Monument to make it back to the car..needless to say, it was a brief visit at the monument! All enjoyable though. :)
Headed through the beautiful rolling hills to Northern Virginia at 4 for another service at Frontline, which is a young adult service through a large church called McLean Bible. Massive. Talk about extreme differences in churches! So overwhelming but I stayed for their Super Bowl party afterwards and met some awesome people. Very encouraging. Ended the day spent but very satisfied.
Tuesday, I made the trip back to DC to finally meet an individual who has blessed me so much through this move. God has used them in so many ways I can't even express the amount of gratitude I have for them and the Lord for placing them in my life. I'm so overwhelmed and extremely humbled that someone I don't know would be willing to do so much. So undeserving and it reflects the grace of God in such a tangible way.
This is why I moved.
To be raw and real with you, I have a horrible habit of trying to control things. Experiences in the past left me with a perceived need to protect and control my surroundings and its left me trying to fend for myself. That's not how God intended it and I knew I needed to step out of my perceived controlled area, trust God and give Him full movement in my life.
And He has moved.
Not only through this new friend, but in so many individuals. That's why it's so overwhelming. It's not just one. It's multiple people who want to help and I'm just floored by it. I honestly wasn't expecting it here but so happy I was wrong...
No comments:
Post a Comment